August 26, 2010
We’ve released an update to our Android SDK! If you are new to Mobclix, register here to check it out. If you’ve worked with us before, click here to download the improved SDK. The following improvements/changes/fixes have been made:
- Thread Management: Improved location thread management to reduce battery drain.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE Permission Is Now Optional: ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE has been made optional to address concerns about permission requirements of the Mobclix Android Library.
- onOpenAllocation Documentation: The documentation on onOpenAllocation of the MobclixAdViewListener was incorrect. It has been updated to reflect it’s proper return value.
- Android Layout Editor Bug: Mobclix AdViews would crash the Android Layout Editor when added to an activity.
- Demographics GPS Bug: Demographics data was failing to log when the location string returned by the phone was too long.
- Location Provider Bug: The Mobclix Android Library would occassionally trigger an IllegalArgumentException if the location provider was unavailable on the device. This was caused by a defect in Android as detailed in the Google Group. The fix detailed has been applied.