April 2, 2013
With us well into the new year, we wanted to see how keen people were on keeping their ever-so-popular New Year’s resolutions. With fitness & health being one of the top resolutions year after year, we dug into our own data to analyze people’s fitness habits on an hourly basis, throughout the month of January. And to stir it up a bit, we compared the fitness habits of East coasters vs. West coasters–check out the data below and find out when you can expect a crowd next time you hit the gym!
- West coasters focused on fitness are earlier risers: 3.6% of impressions were at 5am vs. 2.7% for the East coast at the same time.
- Both coasts prefer to work out in the evening with highest usage times between 6:00pm and 9:00pm.
- Health & Fitness app usage plummets for both the East and West coasts around 1pm, with the East coast seeing the largest decrease in app usage.
- Fitness and diet apps surged from 3:00 – 6:00pm on the East coast, while West coast usage declined somewhat during the same period.
- Fridays are by far the most active day for fitness apps on both coasts–20% of all fitness app impressions occur on Fridays. Maybe so they can feel better about all the bad food and good booze to be had over the weekend?