November 17, 2010
Today we released the November infographic in our monthly Mobclix Index series. The infographic (featured in Fortune) highlights user behavior for the Android Marketplace based on a survey we conducted across the Mobclix Exchange of 1,025 Android owners during October.
- 60% of Android users are under the age of 34
- 8% of Android users switched from an iPhone while 45% of Android Users say Android is their first smartphone
- Android users spend most of their time on Email (37%), Games (21%) and Maps/Navigation (8%).
- 46% of Android users prefer a touch screen over a physical keyboard
- Android users spend 1/7th of what iPhone owners spend on in-app gaming purchases
- Android users have an average of 17 apps on their phone vs 28 apps for iPhone users
- Twice as many Android owners than smartphone users will make a purchase or payment on their device each month
- The top 3 free games preferred by Android users are Angry Birds, Solitaire and Jewels