September 9, 2010
This month’s Index provides key findings on the increase of interest in the mobile application audience.
- 90% of mobile app ad inventory is the standard banner ad while interstitial rich media ads average a 3.5X higher eCPM
Although standard banner ads are more abundant, inventory with rich media components receive higher engagement rates and therefore are more effective for marketers.
- Impressions on the Android platform have grown 45% in the last 3 months and 420% since it’s inception.
With the possibility of a walled ecosystem if Apple closes iAd and Google closes AdMob, more than ever marketers will need to start thinking about solutions that allow them to reach audiences rather than platforms.
- The average CTR on mobile apps is .67% vs. .17% CTR on mobile web.
Apps continue to build more engaging experiences – mobile apps are taking advantage of not having a necessity to be connected to a network 100% of the time
- Mobile video ads have a 3X higher engagement rate than online video ads.
Users are consuming more content than ever on their mobile devices and marketers should be ready to tap into that large audience while they are engaged.
- Outside of the US – the U.K., Canada and Japan are Top 3, respectively, for mobile app ad impressions served by Country.
Australia and France fall in order as the remainder of the Top 5. Although the U.S. market holds the #1 spot for app ad impressions, other countries are still seeing an increase in interest of the app ad marketplace.
To view/download a full PDF of this and past infographics go to: http://blog.mobclix.com/index/