July 29, 2011
Our June Infographic, for the Mobclix Index series, focuses on the ins and outs of mobile apps. Featured in GigaOM (The Sweet Spot for Mobile Apps), this infographic highlights when users are most ‘plugged in’ to apps, where they have the highest market share across the globe, to what tools and services top publishers are using. Check out the stats below:
- iOS and Android users across devices spend the majority of time on apps during late afternoon (4-6 pm) and evening (9-11 pm).
- Regardless of platform, app users are more engaged with ads in the morning, between the hours of 8-11 am.
- App usage is highest during the weekends, accounting for 38 percent of overall time spent.
- During the 4th of July weekend, app usage increased by 108 percent, with utility apps being the most popular.
- The Android platform holds the highest market share in the U.S., the U.K. and Japan.
- 82 percent of the top 100 free apps use iAd as one of their ad networks.
Data derived from 120MM unique users seen across 10.5 billion impressions on the Mobclix exchange during the month of June. Exchange reach is calculated from the number of unique devices across the entire Mobclix exchange. Third party SDK data derived from analysis of the top 100 free apps on the iPhone app store as of June 30, 2011.
To download a PDF of this infographic and to view additional infographics in the Mobclix Index, go to http://blog.mobclix.com/index/.