November 1, 2011
Conceived in 1999 by a group of men from Australia, Movember is much more than an event. It is a month-long movement to raise awareness and support for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and depression. According to the US Movember foundation, prostate cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death in men, and 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
The rules behind Movember are simple:
1. Register at Movember.com and begin the 1st of November with a clean shaven face.
2. For the whole month of November, all participants (aka, Mo Bro’s) must grow and groom a mustache (aka, a Mo).
3. No beards allowed–meaning no joining of the mo to side burns.
4. No goatees allowed–meaning no joining of the handlebars to the chin.
5. Lastly, each Mo Bro must act like a true gentleman.
In support of Movember, all the men of Mobclix have created a Mobclix Movember Team, with a mission statement: “To deliver excellent ad server and exchange products whilst growing a mustache.” Led by our VP of Engineering, Andy Greene, we hope to raise money and awareness for this great cause. If you like what you see, please donate to our team, here!
To prove that we’re playing by the rules, check out the sacrifices our guys have made–some, more than others:
If you’re participating in Movember, comment below with links to your freshly shaven faces!