July 29, 2010
As some people may already know, Mobclix experienced a brief outage yesterday that caused our Developer Dashboard to become inaccessible for about a period of 1.5 hours yesterday morning. Everything is back up and running; however, there are a few things that our developers should know:
- Advertising revenue and reporting was not affected by this downtime.
- Advertising serving and tracking was not affected by this downtime.
- Analytics were affected by this downtime:
- Our near real-time analytics is built to be an incredibly robust system and outages rarely occur. The issue that we are currently having is that during our outage our real-time processor was backed up a few hours. When that happens, the worker processors ramp up a bit and have to do a lot more work than they normally have to. This leads to analytics trailing for up to 36 hours. The good news is that analytics will eventually catch up (no data will be lost) and we’ll be back to processing in real-time.
- Nothing else was affected by this downtime.
As of right now, everything is running smoothly again and analytics are working to catch up. We apologize for any issues this downtime may have caused and know that, as always, we are working to ensure that this type of outage will not happen again.
In the future we will be posting information about our outages as they happen right here on our blog. If there’s ever an issue, be sure to check here first and also be sure to follow us @mobclix and @mobclixdevteam to get instant updates about our current status.