May 14, 2012
Each month, we deliver to the mobile world insight into trends in the mobile advertising market. Covered first on TechCrunch, our April data reflects key metrics such as Carrier market share, New iPad impression volume and CPMs based on advertiser spend. Find highlights from our State of Mobile Advertising – April 2012 report below, and download the full report, here!
- AT&T was the dominant player in smartphone and tablets with twice as many impressions as Verizon.
- Wifi is the preferred method of connecting to content; users are 3X more likely to connect using Wifi than through their carrier data plans.
- iOS continues to lead with 55% of the market, Android has 45%.
- In the second month after launch, the New iPad has gained 8% of impressions.
- Advertisers from the Women/Mothers category have the highest advertiser spend with an average of $15 CPM.
About the Velti ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ Report
Velti’s ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ report delivers insight into trends in the mobile advertising market on a monthly basis.
The data is from the Mobclix Exchange, which sits at the intersection of +33,500 apps and +45 demand sources. The outcome of our sales teams, business development teams, and ad networks are aggregated and reflected in this report to give the reader a highly accurate picture of the market.