September 14, 2012
Each month, we deliver to the mobile world insight into trends in the mobile advertising market. First seen on TechCrunch, the August edition of The State of Mobile Advertising report features a look at iPhone 4S growth and predictions for iPhone 5, carrier market share, publisher eCPMs and device impression breakdown. Find key metrics from our report below, and download it in full, here!
- iPhone 4S claimed over 10% of exchange-wide impression share in just 4 months after release.
- We believe that within 6 months, iPhone 5 will drive over 25% of all iPhone impressions, and its release will result in a major upgrade cycle.
- August was the second month in a row in 2012 that Android took share from Apple.
- Education apps took the lead as the category with the highest eCPMs for publishers, increasing from $0.82 to $0.97.
- AT&T remained the dominant carrier for smartphones and tablets in the US, accounting for over 50% of the smartphone market despite losing market share in august.
- iPhone continues to be the device leader by a significant margin over other devices, accounting for 28%.
About the Velti ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ Report
Velti’s ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ report delivers insight into trends in the mobile advertising market on a monthly basis.
The data is from the Mobclix Exchange, which sits at the intersection of +33,500 apps and +45 demand sources. The outcome of our sales teams, business development teams, and ad networks are aggregated and reflected in this report to give the reader a highly accurate picture of the market.