March 19, 2013
Each month, we deliver to the mobile world insight into trends in the mobile advertising market. First seen on TechCrunch, the February edition of The State of Mobile Advertising report highlights the top 3 devices in the U.S., Asia and Europe as well as impression breakdown by tablets, app category, geography and OS as well as publisher eCPMs and CTRs by country. Find key metrics from our report below, and download it in full, here!
- iOS devices accounted for 8 out of every 10 devices, by impression.
- Advertiser demand remains consistent with iOS, garnering more than 60% of impressions for the past 6 months.
- Games and Entertainment apps continue to lead in impression share, with 47.8% and 24.3% respectively.
- Weekends saw the highest levels of app usage, with Sundays accounting for 15.7% of all impressions served.
- iPads are dominating tablet usage; Android tablets only make up a fraction of impressions at 0.7%.
- Despite a lower share of impressions, Android users are more likely to interact with ads; Android saw nearly a 50% higher CTR than iOS in February.
About the Velti ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ Report
Velti’s ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ report delivers insight into trends in the mobile advertising market on a monthly basis.
The data is from the Mobclix Exchange, which sits at the intersection of +33,500 apps and +45 demand sources. The outcome of our sales teams, business development teams, and ad networks are aggregated and reflected in this report to give the reader a highly accurate picture of the market.