August 17, 2012
Each month, we deliver to the mobile world insight into trends in the mobile advertising market. First seen on TechCrunch, the July edition of The State of Mobile Advertising report features data on iPad traffic in China, carrier market share, publisher eCPMs and device impression breakdown. Find key metrics from our report below, and download it in full, here!
- Within the first week of the new iPad launching in China, traffic ramped up by 150%.
- The Kindle Fire has taken the lead as the primary tablet model on the Android operating system, with 38% market share.
- iPads dominate the market, claiming 90% of tablet impressions.
- Although Apple still holds the majority of impressions, we may be seeing the beginning of a change in tide. For the first time in 2012, Android has taken share away from Apple, now accounting for 42%.
- AT&T continues to be the dominant carrier for smartphones and tablets in the U.S., with 52%.
About the Velti ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ Report
Velti’s ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ report delivers insight into trends in the mobile advertising market on a monthly basis.
The data is from the Mobclix Exchange, which sits at the intersection of +33,500 apps and +45 demand sources. The outcome of our sales teams, business development teams, and ad networks are aggregated and reflected in this report to give the reader a highly accurate picture of the market.