July 20, 2012
Each month, we deliver to the mobile world insight into trends in the mobile advertising market. First seen on TechCrunch, the June edition features data on app engagement (by country), carrier market share, publisher eCPMs and device impression breakdown. Find key metrics from our report below, and download it in full, here!
- Israel is the global leader for daily time spent engaging with smartphone apps, with the average adult using apps for 80 mins/day.
- The Sports and Games app categories have had the most significant lift in eCPMs since May, increasing by 23% and 20%, respectively.
- iOS has remained the front runner with 62% share of impressions.
- Apple devices continue to dominate total impressions, accounting for 62% of the volume.
- While Sprint was challenging Verizon last month, both capturing 23% of smartphone impressions, this month Sprint (21%) loses share and falls to the third spot while Verizon (25%) continues to grow.
About the Velti ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ Report
Velti’s ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ report delivers insight into trends in the mobile advertising market on a monthly basis.
The data is from the Mobclix Exchange, which sits at the intersection of +33,500 apps and +45 demand sources. The outcome of our sales teams, business development teams, and ad networks are aggregated and reflected in this report to give the reader a highly accurate picture of the market.