April 11, 2012
Each month, we’re working to deliver to the mobile world insight into trends in the mobile advertising market. With our State of Mobile Advertising report debuting last month, we are happy to announce & deliver the second edition highlighting the month of March–today!
Covered first on TechCrunch, our data reflects key metrics such as iOS vs. Android market share, New iPad impression volume and eCPMs based on ad units. Find highlights from our State of Mobile Advertising – March 2012 report below, and download the full report, here!
- By the end of Q1, iOS gained a lead over Android with 53% of impression volume in March
- In the first month after launch, the New iPad captured 2.2% of all iPad impression volume–higher than the iPad 2′s first month (1.5%)
- Apple dominated with over 50% of impressions volume; Samsung in distant 2nd at 15%
- Weather apps take top spot at an average eCPM of $1.24 in March
- iOS commands higher eCPMS across the board, almost 2X higher than Android
About the Velti ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ Report
Velti’s ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ report delivers insight into trends in the mobile advertising market on a monthly basis.
The data is from the Mobclix Exchange, which sits at the intersection of +33,500 apps and +45 demand sources. The outcome of our sales teams, business development teams, and ad networks are aggregated and reflected in this report to give the reader a highly accurate picture of the market.