April 23, 2013
Each month, we deliver to the mobile world insight into trends in the mobile advertising market. First seen on TechCrunch, the March edition of The State of Mobile Advertising report highlights the top 10 Android devices, with Samsung clearly winning majority of Android ad dollars. And with a near-record earnings posted in Q1, Samsung is looking unstoppable next to its fellow Android devices.
The report also dives into impression breakdown by tablets, app category, geography and OS, as well as publisher eCPMs and CTRs by country. Find key metrics from our report below, and download it in full, here!
- Samsung is looking unstoppable next to fellow Android devices, representing 68.2% of all Android impressions in March.
- iPad devices took share away from iPhone devices this month, accounting for 19.7% share of impressions, up from 17.2% last month.
- This month, we see Books apps slide into the coveted #3 spot with 4.5% share.
- Smartphone users were much busier during the work week in March, but compensated for the decrease on the weekends, where app usage spiked as high as 17.2%.
- The iPad, Kindle Fire, and Samsung Galaxy Tab lost impression shares to the iPad Mini in March.
- Android users are more engaged; despite seeing lower impression share compared to iOS, CTRs for Android devices increased in March, naturally leading to higher eCPMs.
About the Velti ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ Report
Velti’s ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ report delivers insight into trends in the mobile advertising market on a monthly basis.
The data is from the Mobclix Exchange, which sits at the intersection of +33,500 apps and +45 demand sources. The outcome of our sales teams, business development teams, and ad networks are aggregated and reflected in this report to give the reader a highly accurate picture of the market.