October 12, 2012
Each month, we deliver to the mobile world insight into trends in the mobile advertising market. First seen on TechCrunch, the September edition of The State of Mobile Advertising report features data on the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 launch, iPhone carrier market share, publisher eCPMs and device impression breakdown. Find key metrics from our report below, and download it in full, here!
- Consumers were eager to try out their favorite apps on their new devices—consumers spent 27% of their time on social networking applications, followed by games (22%) and entertainment and utility apps (13% each) within the first week of owning the iPhone 5.
- The U.S. captures just less than half of all iPhone 5 impressions at 43% share.
- iOS 6 saw quick adoption, within the first week, over 40% of users had upgraded.
- The Galaxy S II has the highest share of impressions in Korea, accounting for 16%. The market in Korea is much more fragmented, the top 5 devices only account for about 33% of all impressions whereas the top 5 devices in the U.S. claim about 60% of impressions.
- iOS gained 5% of market share with the release of iPhone 5 and iOS6, now accounting for 62% vs Android at 38%.
About the Velti ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ Report
Velti’s ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ report delivers insight into trends in the mobile advertising market on a monthly basis.
The data is from the Mobclix Exchange, which sits at the intersection of +33,500 apps and +45 demand sources. The outcome of our sales teams, business development teams, and ad networks are aggregated and reflected in this report to give the reader a highly accurate picture of the market.