March 8, 2012
Though tablets are getting a lot of attention this week (or just one tablet), we felt wrong to leave out the rest of the mobile advertising world. So in addition to our Year of the Tablet report, we were even harder at work compiling data on mobile advertising trends of 2011, worldwide!
Covered in Adotas, we focused on providing insightful data that would shed light on how the new iPad on the market will affect the advertising world. Covering CTR by country & platform, eCPM & average mobile CPM spend, overall impression share across iOS & Android, and the lifetime value of an app user, we hope our publishers, especially, can find this report helpful for their plan of attack for apps this year!
Find highlights from our State of Mobile Advertising report below, and get the full report, here! And for even more insight, read up on what our CMO Krishna Subramanian had to say about how the new iPad will affect apps & mobile ads, in Adweek.
- Asia had higher CTRs than any other region, worldwide–over 2x the CTR of the U.S.
- iPad led all platforms in eCPM rates
- 2011 indicated a tug-of-war between Android and iOS for impression market share
- Medical apps dominated CPM spend in 2011
- iPhone app users had the highest lifetime value in 2011, with Finance being the most valuable app category in 2011