December 17, 2009
The iPhone – When this word is mentioned, what comes to mind first? The sleek looking design, the amazing multi-touch, the fact that it’s a glass screen? No, it’s the colossal app-store, boasting over 120,000 apps. Staggering, right? When picking absolute favorites, it may seem a little tough, as the average iPhone user has over 5 pages of apps. However, no fear; Mobclix is here to give you the low down of the our top 5 apps for 2009.
Megan Berry – Marketing/Social Media perspective:
- Tweetie2: With multiple accounts, great conversation tracking, and highly functional UI Tweetie 2 is the best twitter app out there. I use it for our @Mobclix account.
- Facebook: Facebook in your phone, what more is there to say? Except of course that you should visit our App Developer HQ.
- HuffingtonPost: Great mix of real news and fun side stories.
- UrbanSpoon: I’ve always wanted to just shake this app and go where it tells me for dinner. It’s yet to happen, but one day…
Nitin Chitkara – Business Development/Sales perspective:
- F.A.S.T. – Great flight simulator-esque gam. Also useful just in case I ever have to commandeer a plane one day.
- Ferrari GT: Gotta practice driving a Ferrari now, so that way I wont mess up later.
- UrbanDaddy: Perfect place to find a place to meet up with someone.
- Tweetie2: Because, of course, I need to stay caught up with the Twitter sphere.
- WHERE: Anytime I travel, I have to know where the good spots are.
Max Zamkow – Developer perspective:
- Shotgun Free: I feel like old Arnold everytime I use this app.
- Pow: I love intimidating people in the office, or just randomly punching air and hearing the super accurate sound effecets.
- Wooden Labyrinth 3D: the accelerometer had me sold.
- Whiteboard: Me and my fellow developers can share code on a community whiteboard if we’re not near a computer!
- A Binary Clock: Because I can read binary!
Yours Truly – iPhone enthusiast perspective:
- Shazam: I rarely know any song playing on the radio. Thanks to Shazam I’ve increased my library size 200%!
- SixPack Pro: To make it look like I know what I’m doing at the gym, and actually adding some muscle in the process!
- Zippo Lighter: To make me feel pretty damn cool.
- Ragdoll Blaster: The physics are extremely precise, and this game is just too fun.
Well, there you have it. A wide variety of apps we all love. 2009 has been a landmark year for a bunch of apps, and it’s been hard keeping up with all the great ones out there. With this list we hope you found a useful app to check out! Happy Holidays!