November 10, 2009
Developers who are considering advertising and deciding what service to go with often neglect to take fill rate into account. So here’s what you should know.
1) Fill rate is the percentage of the time that your ad service returns an ad when your app makes a call for one. For instance if your app makes 10 calls to your ad service for ads and only receives 7 ads in that time period, your fill rate is 70%.
2) A fill rate of less than 100% means you’re losing money. You have the user, the space, and the desire to show an ad, but your ad service fails and you lose that impression and that money.
3) One ad network is generally not enough to give you 100% Fill Rate. Using only one ad network results in lower fill rates and less money.
4) Mediation layers allow you to connect to multiple ad networks and can provide you with 100% fill rate.
5) Mediation layers with more ad networks (such as Mobclix) give you the best eCPMs. More ad networks allow Mobclix to go beyond 100% fill rate, and also give the highest eCPMs possible using our yield optimization algorithms.
Does your ad service provide you with 100% fill rate? Let us know your thoughts and if you’re looking for higher fill rates sign up with Mobclix.