November 15, 2011
We are proud to be part of the Velti Family and its ever-growing quest to become the world’s largest mobile marketing platform. It’s been an exciting time for all of us, but today marks an especially important day with the announcement of Velti’s newest acquisition: Mobile Interactive Group (MIG)!
MIG is UK’s largest mobile marketing company, and with Velti’s record-setting Q3 earnings being a big drive in making this acquisition possible, all signs point to the continuation of a great, growing team at Velti. To better understand why this is a huge move for both companies, below are a few high points about MIG’s current success in the mobile marketing industry:
- MIG offers the widest range of engaging and innovative mobile technology, covering everything from strategy and acquisition to engagement and loyalty, with gross bookings in excess of $100 million and revenues in excess of $20 million.
- MIG has established itself as a leader in mobile technology and mCommerce. The company’s global partnership with Skype and its Facebook-integrated Interactive Broadcast Platform have won MIG accolades as a pioneer in bridging social media, mobile marketing and commerce transactions.
- MIG operates a mobile micropayments business in 44 countries, and has operations in the UK, US, Netherlands, Belgium and Australia.
- The company’s technology platform is used by more than 300 enterprise customers including Skype, Vodafone, PepsiCo, O2, ITV, Fremantle, MoneySupermarket, Sony, BBC, Barclaycard, B&Q and NewLook. MIG’s interactive technology is used by broadcasters in Europe and Asia Pacific for real-time social media interactions through mobile platforms.
- Earlier this year, Deloitte named MIG the fastest growing privately owned technology firm in the UK and EMEA.
Read more about MIG and the acquisition details on TechCrunch and the official press release. Once again, a big warm welcome to MIG, from the Mobclix Velti Exchange!